Ankle Bursitis: A bursa is a fluid filled sac that prevents friction at the ankle joint. If this sac is injured, it may lead to soreness and aching.
Most Common Sites Of Ankle Pain:
- This is the #1 site of ankle pain.
- This is the site of ankle sprains.
- This is the most common site of chronic running pain.
- This area is common for achilles heel pain, ankle bursitis, heel bursitis and heel spurs.
- The inside of the ankle is where major muscles, arteries and nerves run.
- This site is common for nerve pain, posterior tibialis pain and medial shin splints.
- This site is also common in runners and soccer (football) players.
- Extensor tendinitis is very common in runners.
- Anterior ankle spurs are most common in soccer (football) players.
Bursitis In Ankle:
- The most common site of bursitis in the ankle is at the back of the heel.
- There are no other normal sites of a bursa around the ankle.
- There are tendon sheaths at other tendons that pass by the ankle, but no bursa.
- But you may still be having bursitis like pain in other places of the ankle.
Bursitis in ankle
bursitis ankle treatment