Heel Pain After Running
Heel Pain After Running: This pain is due to an improper angle and stretch of the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon. Correcting this is the single biggest thing!
There Are 2 major types of heel pain after running:
- Back of heel pain after running and bottom of the heel pain after running.
- Luckily both types of pain are caused and treated the same way!
1)Bottom Of The Heel Pain After Running:
- Heel pain after running is almost always caused by the pull of the plantar fascia.
- With each step you take it pulls away from the heel bone.
- This ligament undergoes a large amount of stress results in many microscopic tears.
- These tears begin to ache after running.
- They will hurt even more when you wake up the next morning!
Running Heel Pain Can Lead To Heel Spurs:
- If not corrected, plantar fascia over time can lead to a heel spur.
Bottom Of The Heel Pain After Running Treatment:
Treatment is based on 3 principles:
1)Decreasing the inflammation.
2)Correcting improper biomechanics.
- This takes stretching & exercises.
3)Get the right shoes and measure them correctly!
2) Back of Heel Pain After Running:
- Pain at the back of the heel is caused by the pull of the Achilles tendon.
- This is the largest tendon in the body and cause cause irritation in the back of the heel.
- Achilles tendinitis and plantar fasciitis are the two most common types of running pain.
Achilles Heel Pain After Running:
- Overuse and stress of the achilles tendon can cause inflammation.
- Luckily Achilles heel pain after running is treated the same way as plantar fasciitis.
Heel Pain After Running Causes:
- If the achilles tendon and the plantar fascia are too tight, you will get heel pain!
- If the two ligaments are properly stretched, you will be able to start moving again without heel pain.
Severe Heel Pain After Running Treatment:
- This guide details every stretch that you need to run pain free.
- It shows how to relieve the pain.
- How to control the pain with stretching and exercises.
- What type of shoes or other products can help.
One More Video If You Haven’t Seen Enough!